|GRASSES||39% (14.420 PLS/ft2)|
|Blue Grama, Bad River||Prairie Sandreed|
|Buffalograss, Texoka||Sideoats Grama, Butte|
|Green Needlegrass||Thickspike Wheatgrass|
|Little Bluestem, Aldous||Western Wheatgrass, Barton|
|WILDFLOWERS||61% (22.581 PLS/ft2)|
|American Germander||Missouri Goldenrod|
|American Vetch||Plains Coreopsis|
|Aromatic Aster||Plains Sunflower|
|Baldwin’s Ironweed||Prairie Aster|
|Black-eyed Susan||Purple Prairie Clover|
|Blanketflower (Indian Blanket)||Rocky Mountain Bee Plant|
|Blue Flax||Roundhead Lespedeza|
|Canada Milkvetch||Scarlet Globemallow|
|Candle Anemone||Shell-leaf Penstemon|
|Common Evening Primrose||Showy Milkweed|
|Cudweed Sagewort||Showy Partridgepea|
|Dotted Gayfeather||Slender Beardstongue|
|Engelmann’s Daisy||Stiff Goldenrod|
|False Boneset||Stiff Sunflower|
|False Sunflower||Upright Coneflower|
|Four-Point Evening Primrose||Western Wild Rose|
|Fringed Sagewort||Western Yarrow|
|Heath Aster||White Prairie Clover|
|Hoary Vervain||Whorled Milkweed|
|TOTAL: 37.001 PLS/ft2|
High Quality Habitat
- A minimum of 50% of the seed mixture will be comprised of wildflowers and forbs.
- Each seeding mixture will contain 40 or more species to provide high diversity and broad benefits.
- Each seeding mixture will contain at least one appropriate milkweed species to benefit monarch butterflies.
- An appropriate number of flowering plants will be provided throughout the entire growing season.
- Seeding mixtures are designed using the appropriate seeds per square foot for each species.
A note about wildflower and pollinator seed mixes
The establishment of a wildflower, prairie, or pollinator seed mix depends on two critical elements: time and management. Many of the wildflower species listed in these mixtures will take several years to show up…be patient. In addition, the natural process of plant succession means that you’ll need to mange the stand to keep it looking diverse and colorful in the future. Otherwise, grasses tend to dominate the community. Every two years, plan to manage your habitat by applying some form of management like prescribed burning, herbicide application, light disking, managed grazing or haying.
The Habitat Organization
Pheasants Forever is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education, and land management policies and programs.