|GRASSES||46% (15.580 PLS/ft2)|
|Big Bluestem, Pawnee||Prairie Junegrass|
|Blue Grama, Bad River||Rough Dropseed|
|Indiangrass, Cheyenne||Sideoats Grama, Butte|
|Little Bluestem, Aldous||Western Wheatgrass, Barton|
|WILDFLOWERS||54% (18.003 PLS/ft2)|
|Arkansas Rose||Mexican Hat|
|Aromatic Aster||Missouri Evening Primrose|
|Baldwin’s Ironweed||Plains Sunflower|
|Black-eyed Susan||Purple Poppymallow|
|Blanketflower (Indian Blanket)||Purple Prairie Clover|
|Blue Flax||Rough Gayfeather|
|Canada Milkvetch||Roundhead Lespedeza|
|Common Evening Primrose||Scarlet Globemallow|
|Common Milkweed||Sensitive Briar|
|Cudweed Sagewort||Shell-leaf Penstemon|
|Dotted Gayfeather||Showy Partridgepea|
|Engelmann’s Daisy||Smooth Blue Aster|
|Entire-leaved Rosinweed||Stiff Goldenrod|
|False Boneset||Stiff Sunflower|
|False Sunflower||Upright Coneflower|
|Four-Point Evening Primrose||Western Yarrow|
|Heath Aster||White Prairie Clover|
|Hoary Vervain||Whorled Milkweed|
|Illinois Bundleflower||Wild Bergamot|
|TOTAL: 33.584 PLS/ft2|
High Quality Habitat
- A minimum of 50% of the seed mixture will be comprised of wildflowers and forbs.
- Each seeding mixture will contain 40 or more species to provide high diversity and broad benefits.
- Each seeding mixture will contain at least one appropriate milkweed species to benefit monarch butterflies.
- An appropriate number of flowering plants will be provided throughout the entire growing season.
- Seeding mixtures are designed using the appropriate seeds per square foot for each species.
A note about wildflower and pollinator seed mixes
The establishment of a wildflower, prairie, or pollinator seed mix depends on two critical elements: time and management. Many of the wildflower species listed in these mixtures will take several years to show up…be patient. In addition, the natural process of plant succession means that you’ll need to manage the stand to keep it looking diverse and colorful in the future. Otherwise, grasses tend to dominate the community. Every two years, plan to manage your habitat by applying some form of management like prescribed burning, herbicide application, light disking, managed grazing or haying.
The Habitat Organization
Pheasants Forever is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education, and land management policies and programs.